In medical care, nothing is more important than good communication between patients and providers. While innovative technology makes it easier to connect than ever, it also reduces in-person contact. As a result, hospitals, clinics and doctor’s offices are turning to outside services to bridge the gap, manage costs and increase patient satisfaction.
12 Ways Patient Access Solutions Help Doctors
Medical call center services have been around for a long time, but they now offer everything from telephone nurse triage to trained personnel for non-English-speaking callers. They also improve patient satisfaction and provide specific services like these:
- Operate 24/7 or during specific hours
- Provide personnel who speak a second language
- Increase value while managing costs
- Manage physician appointment scheduling in an existing system or design a new one
- Document calls in electronic medical records
- Confirm appointments or send notifications
- Send appointment reminders
- Dispatch emergency resources
- Provide telephone nurse triage
- Offer trained staff and consistent service
- Reduce call volume in offices and free up time for patients
- Handle prescription refills, test results and billing
Whether it’s physician appointment scheduling or telephone nurse triage, statistics suggest that specialty phone answering services offer big benefits:
- Up to 80% of callers hang up if they don’t get an answer the first time they call.
- Around 25% of callers who get a good first impression will stick around for the next two years.
- Around 87% of callers will share good experiences with others, and 95% will tell others about a bad experience.
- About 80% of all business takes place over the phone, and around 7 in 10 customers leave if they aren’t happy with the response they get by phone.
How Call 4 Health Works
If you’re looking for an easier way to send notifications and appointment reminders, we can help. You tell us how you want your appointments set up, and we’ll use our software to create a customized solution just for you. Our highly trained, friendly staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
After we schedule an appointment, we send a confirmation notice that makes it easy for the patient to save the date in an online calendar. We also include directions, instructions, and links to medical forms and information. Then, we send appointment reminders by email, text or phone.
Call 4 Health is a virtual call center with diverse medical services, including everything from nurse triage to physician referral and 24 hour hospital call center emergency dispatch. Contact us today to find out how we can help you and your patients.